For this assignment, you should first complete the following tasks:
- Initiate a focused job search for international positions using industry key words and document your results. Search using a job board of your choosing or the CSU-Global Career Center (Links to an external site.). (For instance, if you are a U.S. citizen, search for U.S. firms that are seeking U.S. citizens to work outside of the U.S.)
- Build a professional-quality resume or curriculum vitae (CV) that offers a clear representation of you and your skills. Be sure to access the CSU-Global Career Center through the student portal and explore the resources, information, and tools available to assist you in your career pursuits. Pay particular attention to the resources pertaining to building an effective resume, as well as information pertaining to the job interview. Note that among the comprehensive offerings, Career Center reviewers will evaluate your resume free of charge.
Note: You may fictionalize company names, reference information, contact information, or any other information that you feel may compromise your privacy, although the resume/CV should reflect your qualifications as accurately as possible.
- Conduct a practice interview either on your own (using flash cards with prepared questions), with the help of a friend/family member, or with a professional in your field.
Next, develop a well-written paper that includes the following:
- The results of your job search;
- A summary of what you learned in building a resume; and,
- An assessment of your experience in a practice interview, including what you learned that you can apply to a real-life interview.
Submit your resume and paper as separate documents.
Your paper should meet the following requirements:
- Be 3-5 pages in length.
- Your well-written submission should be in two documents and formatted according to the CSU-Global Guide to Writing and APA (Links to an external site.).