Discussion – Mobile Technology
Mobile technology is all around and as such we must think how this integration will affect health care and will it eventually replace some current aspects of patient care? What additional security precautions might be needed for mobile technology to be more fully implemented? Before you start your discussing, watch the vollowing video regarding technology in Health Care: Video Link. Then, when writing your discussion, think about where computers were 20 years ago, and the naysayers regarding the usefulness of computer technology then.
- To avoid point loss, carefully follow all assignment instructions and rubric guidelines
- Review this Discussion Sample to get a better sense of what is expected of your discussion content and participation
- Complete your original post of 175 words before 11:30 p.m. Thursday, EST
- Complete at least 2 peer replies of a minimum of 75 words before 11:30 p.m. Sunday, EST
- Note that responses to instructor comments do not count toward the minimum number of peer replies
- Be sure to include at least one reference (both in-text and references section entry) to your course readings; outside references are encouraged but you must have at least one to course readings.
- Provide properly formatted citations/references for all source material (see HSA Style Guide)
- Do not use any quoted or copied material.
Consider your readings from this week, make a post that compares and contrasts FMEA and RCA. What are the steps of each? How are they different? How are they similar? Although the Risk Manager would participate in both, which would you consider more of a quality assurance tool versus a risk management tool, and why?
- Your post should be 250-350 words.
- Review the Discussion Grading Rubric
- You will not be able to see any posts by other students until you make your original post.
- Support your post by citing one reference (other than the text).
- Cite paraphrased information but do not use quotes for this assignment.
- Submit your original post by Thursday before 12am midnight (EST).
- Respond to at least two (2) other studentsâ€™ original post by Sunday before 12am midnight (EST).
- In addition to your replies on other studentsâ€™ posts, you should also respond to any student who posts to your original post and to any of my questions.