Discussion Conflict with Teams
Part 1: Conflict within Teams
Think of a conflict that occurred in a team you were a part of and analyze it. What were the main sources of the conflict? What interventions can be used to improve the quality of conflict a team?
Part 2: Creativity in Teams
Evaluate yourself using the three indices of creativity. What strategies can you use to enhance your creativity?
Respond to at least 2 of your colleagues’ postings
• Ask a probing question, substantiated with additional background information, evidence or research.
• Share an insight from having read your colleagues’ postings, synthesizing the information to provide new perspectives.
• Offer and support an alternative perspective using readings from the classroom or from your own research in the Walden Library.
• Validate an idea with your own experience and additional research.
• Offer and support an alternative perspective using readings from the classroom or from your own research in the Campbellsville University Library
• Make suggestions based on additional evidence drawn from readings or after synthesizing multiple postings.
• Expand on your colleagues’ postings by providing additional insights or contrasting perspectives based on readings and evidence.
Part 1: Team Conflict
A conflict in a team can arise from differences in viewpoints. Team conflict can be in the form of a controversy, struggle, collision, fight, or a battle in the team (Vohs, Labroo, & Dhar, 2016). On the topic of team conflict, I prefer to discuss a simple case in my organization a few months ago. In an organization, a conflict can be between individual members or factions or members in the same department or a smaller team.
The case of team conflict that I witnessed involved several members of the IT team. The team was tasked with coming up with a Customer relationship management technology. One fraction of the IT team through that the technology was more complex and did not cover all the areas while the other faction believed that the technology was ready and should have been handed over to the sales team for implementation. Possible sources of conflict in this team were lack of information, poor communication, personality differences, and poor interpersonal relationships (Hjerto, & Kuvaas, 2017). The solution to this conflict is dealing with involved individuals and making their roles and positions very clear (Mindtools, 2018). The smaller groups should also be analyzed and convene the team back together.
Part 2: Creativity
The three indices of creativity include fluency, flexibility, as well as originality of ideas. On fluency and originality aspects, I am doing well. For instance, I have fluency because I can come up with ideas even when everybody is stuck. My ideas are original because I tend to use an innovative approach to solve problems even when the answer seems to be simple.
However, I feel challenged by the flexibility index. It is hard to change my approach, especially in the short-run. Some people think I am an introvert while others describe me as a conservative but the fact is that I trust the working mechanisms more than new, untested approaches. Hence, it has to take more time and several people to convince me to change my perspective on a certain topic. According to Vohs, Labroo, & Dhar (2016), one can improve my creativity by using alternative thinking, taking more risks, and getting involved with diverse issues and group.
Conflicts or contrasts are extremely basic when enthusiastic people cooperating. Team management has an introduction of taking new assignment to get awesome outcomes. People for the most part came to various acknowledge and work procedure to illuminate one undertaking. That kind of reasoning procedure is basic in any team however from this procedure conflicts begins to rise. There will be disappointment phase of the team in a few territories in light of the fact that everybody ought not have the capacity to comprehend the idea of person. This sort of separation must purpose before deteriorating. The contentions can be happened because of the feelings and impression of the people who are working in the team right then and there.
There are some team conflicts which must be taken consideration to have beneficial team.
1) Conflict over positions, strategies or suppositions: this can be included when at least two group people or separately people contending or having diverse feelings for there undertaking. Here a pioneer ought to have the capacity to unravel this by orchestrating the group with them and get some information about there upsides and downsides of tolerating their proposition before other group people who are attempting to contradict it. Everybody ought to need to express their considerations without meddling in the middle of or discussing on the off chance that one is examining about this. With the goal that pioneer can take a decent decision from this and communicates the advantages and disadvantages of it. It will be not a contention rather it will be a critical thinking strategy.
2) Mistrust or uneven communication: Mistrusting in a team is exceptionally normal. The ruling of the discussion is very normal in work territory. The procedure has an alternate management quality to feel compelling in the team can help other people. Another straightforward practice to indicate the procedure center around the team that interface to speak with others. For pioneer its their duty to deal with this sort of contentions in work territory.