SOC 350: Social Interaction Theory Identification Paper
For this assignment please write a 5-page paper (not including title/reference pages), focusing on the four social interaction theories discussed in the text and in lectures. The paper must define, discuss and evaluate each theory in detail, discuss the differences and similarities between each theory as well as provide a critical evaluation of each theory. Please feel free to use the internet and/or other resources to complete the assignment successfully and in detail.
Assignment Requirements: The theory identification paper must discuss each of the four theories listed below in detail:
2. SymbolicInteractionism 3. Phenomenology
In addition, please use the guidelines provided below to assist in writing and completing your theory identification paper:
- The general context of each theoryâ€”write about the significance of studying this aspect of each theory in social interaction
- Explanation of the key elements of each of the theories
- Critical evaluation of each of the four theoretical key elements
- Strengths and weaknesses of each of the theories
- Discussion of ways in which each theory can be applied to the concept of social interaction in an interpersonal/group setting and in the social environment.
Successful completion of this assignment requires research and using the appropriate materials needed for your theory paper in order to complete the assignment as required.
The theory identification paper should be a well-written and based upon readings and/or library research; feel free to seek out additional materials related to each theory. Part of the assignment is to define each theory in detail as well as discuss key elements related to the theory as well as critically evaluating each theory. Remember that your paper must be submitted in Microsoft Office Word format.
This paper should be at least 5 typed pages. For all assignments written for this course, papers must be written in proper form using APA documentation format including a title page, a reference page, in-text citations and at least three references.
Theory Identification Paper – Grading Rubric
Assignment Rubric for Grading: Below is the grading rubric for this assignment. Please follow the assignment directions as well as use the grading rubric to complete your assignment. Your paper will be graded according to the grading rubric.
Grading Rubric Format Scoring: The paper is at least 5 pages in length, typed and double-spaced. The paper follows APA guidelines including a title and reference page with at least 5 references as well as provides in-text citations (10 points). Please note that if one or more of these requirements are missing you will be deducted the full -10 points.
Rubric Grading Part One: The required theories are identified, defined and discussed as required (20 points max)
â€¢ Symbolic Interactionism â€¢ Phenomenology
Rubric Grading Part Two: Each of the required assignment guidelines for the paper are followed (70 points max)
- The general context of each theory including the significance of studying this aspect of social interaction is stated.
- Explanation of the key elements of each of the theories is provided.
- Critical evaluation of each of the theories key elements are provided.
- The strengths and weaknesses of each of the theories are provided.
- The paper discusses the ways each theory can be applied to the concept of social interaction in an interpersonal/group setting and in the social environment is stated.
Rubric Grading Part Three: The paper follows the required format and is at least 5 typed pages, follows APA guidelines including a title page, a reference page, in-text citations and at least three references (10 points max). Please note that if one or more of the formatting requirements and/or APA guidelines is missing you will be deducted the maximum points -10 points.
**Remember that your paper must be submitted in Microsoft Office Word format.
Check the example file