You are a member of a special behavioral science unit for Homeland Security. The director of a large geographical sector in the United States would like a report for his division heads on the differences between the sociopath and the psychopath. He would like to have a comprehensive report about this phenomenon in mental health. It is imperative that the personnel who come in contact with these types of personalities understand what they are dealing with, why the subjects are the way they are, and what to expect in terms of reaction to the involvement of authorities. The director is unclear as to the difference between the two.
In a 3â€“5 page position paper, respond to the following questions based on the scenario:
- Describe the mental state of the sociopath and psychopath. How are they similar and how do they differ?
- Articulate which of the two personalities presents the biggest threat to Homeland Security and law enforcement, and why?
- Relate how an agent for Homeland Security could identify an individual as sociopathic versus psychopathic.
- In a subject interview with a sociopath and a psychopath, which approaches would you use, respectively?
- 3-5 pages which don’t include cover or reference page.
- APA format