Week 6 Assignment: Reading Research Literature (RRL) Worksheet (graded)
- Due Sunday by 11:59pm
- Points 200
- Submitting a file upload
Reading, understanding, and appreciating original nursing research literature is essential for evidence-based practice (AACN, 2008; QSEN, 2018).
This assignment provides a learning activity for students to read an original research study and complete a worksheet to demonstrate understanding of the study purpose, design, sample, data collection, analysis, limitations, conclusions, and the importance of reading research literature.
This assignment enables the student to meet the following Course Outcomes.
CO1: Examine the sources of evidence that contribute to professional nursing practice. (PO 7)
CO2: Apply research principles to the interpretation of the content of published research studies. (POs 4 & 8)
CO4: Evaluate published nursing research for credibility and significance related to evidence-based practice. (POs 4, 8)
CO5: Recognize the role of research findings in evidence-based practice. (POs 7 & 8)
Submit the completed RRL Worksheet by Sunday, 11:59 p.m. MT at the end of Week 6.
This assignment is worth 200 points.
- Read over each of the following directions, the required Reading Research Literature worksheet, and grading rubric.
- Review the following link which contains a tutorial for your Week 6 Assignment. Click here for transcript. (Links to an external site.)https://lms.courselearn.net/lms/video/player.html?video=0_jhxsfia6
- Download and complete the required Reading Research Literature (RRL) worksheet (Links to an external site.).
- Download or access the required article. The required article must be used. de Araujo, D. D., Silva, D. V. A., Rodrigues, C. A. O., Silva, P. O., Macieira, T. G. R., & Chianca, T. C. M. (2019). Effectiveness of nursing interventions to prevent dry eye in critically ill patients. American Journal of Critical Care, 28(4), 299â€“306. Retrieved from https://chamberlainuniversity.idm.oclc.org/login?url=https://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx? direct=true&db=ccm&AN=137294247&site=eds-live&scope=site (Links to an external site.)
- You must use the grading rubric to ensure you are meeting all grading criteria of the worksheet.
- You are required to complete the worksheet using the productivity tools required by Chamberlain University, which is Microsoft Office Word 2013 (or later version), or Windows and Office 2011 (or later version) for MAC. You must save the file in the “.docx” format. Do NOT save as Word Pad. A later version of the productivity tool includes Office 365, which is available to Chamberlain students for FREE by downloading from the student portal at http://my.chamberlain.edu (Links to an external site.). Click on the envelope at the top of the page.
- Use correct grammar, spelling, punctuation, and in-text APA formatting.
- Submit the completed Reading Research Literature Worksheet to the Week 6 Assignment.