Assignment: Practicum – Week 4 Journal Entry
· Develop diagnoses for clients receiving psychotherapy*
· Evaluate the efficacy of cognitive behavioral therapy for clients*
· Analyze legal and ethical implications of counseling clients with psychiatric disorders*
Select a client whom you observed or counseled this week. Then, address the following in your Practicum Journal:
· Describe the client (without violating HIPAA regulations) and identify any pertinent history or medical information, including prescribed medications.
· Using the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Health Disorders, 5th edition (DSM-5), explain and justify your diagnosis for this client.
· Explain whether cognitive behavioral therapy would be effective with this client. Include expected outcomes based on this therapeutic approach. Support your approach with evidence-based literature.
· Explain any legal and/or ethical implications related to counseling this client.
· NOTE: PLEASE SEE THE ATTACHED Practicum Journal Template AND JOURNAL SAMPLE (TIME LOG & JOURNAL ENTRIES) FOR WRITING THIS ASSIGNMENT…..ALSO FOR THE TIME LOG AND JOURNAL ENTRIES, JUST MAKE UP A REASONABLE INFORMATION AND CLIENT INFORMATION
Practicum Experience Time Log and Journal Template
Practicum Placement Agency’s Name:
Preceptor’s E-mail Address:
(Continued next page)
List the objective(s) met and briefly describe the activities you completed during each time period. If you are not on-site for a specific week, enter “Not on site” for that week in the Total Hours for This Time Frame column. Journal entries are due in Weeks 4, 8, and 11; include your Time Log with all hours logged (for current and previous weeks) each time you submit a journal entry.
You are encouraged to complete your practicum hours on a regular schedule, so you will complete the required hours by the END of WEEK 11.
Total Hours for This Time Frame
Learning Objective(s) Addressed
Total Hours Completed:
· Include references immediately following the content.
· Use APA style for your journal entry and references.
© 2012 Laureate Education Inc. 2
© 2014 Laureate Education, Inc. Page 1 of 3