mkt315 week 8 assignment
Students, please view the “Submit a Clickable Rubric Assignment” in the Student Center.
Instructors, training on how to grade is within the Instructor Center.
Assignment 2: Product Introduction
Due Week 8 and worth 240 points
Imagine that the retailer you chose for the first assignment is about to offer a new product that is exclusive to that retailer for twelve (12) weeks. Develop a plan to get the product into stores as quickly as possible to take advantage of the fact that no other store will have access for twelve (12) weeks. Try to get the product into stores within four (4) weeks.
Write a six to eight (6-8) page paper in which you:
- Describe how you would go about selecting the right channel members and how you would get that product to your stores.
- Create a channel design strategy. Describe how you will motivate channel members to make this a successful endeavor in a short period of time. (Address long hours, timeline, etc.)
- Identify two (2) pricing issues in channel management that you will have to deal with.
- Apply a push promotional strategy to this situation.
- Use at least three (3) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and other websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- This course requires use of new Strayer Writing Standards (SWS). The format is different than other Strayer University courses. Please take a moment to review the SWS documentation for details.
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; references must follow SWS or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the studentâ€™s name, the professorâ€™s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Analyze the channel member selection process, market geography, size, density, and behavior in relation to designing a strategic marketing channel.
- Propose ways to motivate channel members.
- Determine the key considerations in synchronizing product planning and marketing channel management throughout the product life cycle.
- Assess the configuration of the marketing channel pricing structures and the guidelines for effective channel pricing strategies.
- Differentiate between the different push promotion strategies in marketing channels.
- Explain the role of logistics in marketing channels and describe the components of logistics systems.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in business logistics management.
- Write clearly and concisely about business logistics management using proper writing mechanics.
Grading for this assignment will be based on answer quality, logic/organization of the paper, and language and writing skills, using the following rubric.
Click here to view the rubric for this assignment.