mgt510 critical thinking the nature of change
Critical Thinking: The Nature of Change (105 points)
In this module, we learned that everything is in a state of constant change. This is a challenge of strategic management, as the industry environment is driven by technology, consumer needs, politics, economic conditions, and many other influences. Consider these influences as you select one of the following cases to analyze.
Eastman Kodakâ€™s Quest for a Digital Future (R. M. Grant, Contemporary Strategy Analysis: Text and Cases, 10th ed., Wiley, 2019) (page 475)
New York Times: Adapting to the Digital Revolution (R. M. Grant, Contemporary Strategy Analysis: Text and Cases, 10th ed., Wiley, 2019) (page 492)
Once you have selected your case, read Chapter 8 (page 189) and the assigned reading. Remember that a case study is a puzzle to be solved, so before reading and answering the specific case questions, develop your proposed solution by following these five steps:
1. Read the case study to identify the key issues and underlying issues. These issues are the principles and concepts of the course area which apply to the situation described in the case study.
2. Record the facts from the case study which are relevant to the principles and concepts of the course area issues. The case may have extraneous information not relevant to the current course area. Your ability to differentiate between relevant and irrelevant information is an important aspect of case analysis, as it will inform the focus of your answers.
3. Describe in some detail the actions that would address or correct the situation.
4. Consider how you would support your solution with examples from experience or current real-life examples or cases from textbooks.
5. Complete this initial analysis and then read the discussion questions. Typically, you will already have the answers to the questions but with a broader consideration. At this point, you can add the details and/or analytical tools required to solve the case.
Case Study Questions:
1. What is the nature and source of organizational inertia for the company? Detail the drivers of industry evolution for this company.
2. What were the challenges of technological change (especially when it was a â€œdisruptive technologyâ€ and embodied â€œarchitectural innovationâ€)?
3. Discuss the difficulties the company had in developing new organizational capabilities.
4. Evaluate and recommend different approaches to managing strategic change including organizational ambidexterity, scenarios, crisis management, capability development, dynamic capabilities, and knowledge management.
Your well-written paper should meet the following requirements: