incident response and business continuity plan
Project 4 Start Here
You have been hired by Greiblock Credit Union (GCU), a $5 billion financial services firm as a cybersecurity consultant. Based on your forensic expertise, they have contracted with you to develop a comprehensive incident response and business continuity plan for their organization.
There are four steps to this project. Your deliverable to GCU will consist of reviewing and synthesizing the analysis described in Steps 1â€“3 and, in Step 4, concluding by developing techniques that your manager, Yvonne, can share with the organization to ensure preparedness to handle any future network intrusions.
When you submit your project, your work will be evaluated using the competencies listed below. You can use the list below to self-check your work before submission.
- 1.1: Organize document or presentation clearly in a manner that promotes understanding and meets the requirements of the assignment.
- 1.2: Develop coherent paragraphs or points so that each is internally unified and so that each functions as part of the whole document or presentation.
- 1.3: Provide sufficient, correctly cited support that substantiates the writer’s ideas.
- 1.4: Tailor communications to the audience.
- 1.5: Use sentence structure appropriate to the task, message and audience.
- 1.6: Follow conventions of Standard Written English.
- 1.7: Create neat and professional looking documents appropriate for the project or presentation.
- 2.1: Identify and clearly explain the issue, question, or problem under critical consideration.
- 2.2: Locate and access sufficient information to investigate the issue or problem.
- 2.3: Evaluate the information in a logical and organized manner to determine its value and relevance to the problem.
- 2.4: Consider and analyze information in context to the issue or problem.
- 2.5: Develop well-reasoned ideas, conclusions or decisions, checking them against relevant criteria and benchmarks.
- 5.2: Utilize Project Management principles in an investigation.
- 5.3: Demonstrate the appropriate use of multiple digital forensic tools and techniques for imaging.
- 5.5: Apply risk management principles to an investigation.
- 6.1: Perform report creation, affidavit creation, and preparation to testify.
- 6.2: Demonstrate ability to investigate mobile technology.
- 6.3: Use forensic tools for investigation of multimedia technologies.
- 6.4: Demonstrate the ability to gather file system evidence.
- 6.5: Demonstrate the ability to perform forensic examination of the Windows Registry.
- 6.6: Perform malware analysis.
- 6.7: Access encrypted data or process data and systems that have been subjected to anti-forensics techniques.
- 6.9: Employ ethics throughout the forensic investigation process.
- 8.1: Employ ethics when planning and conducting forensic investigations, and when testifying in court.
- 8.2: Incorporate international issues including culture and foreign language to plans for investigations.
- 8.3: Create technical documentation associated with forensic investigations.
- 8.4: Explain the professional. credentials, including certification, important for an expert witness in digital forensics.
- 8.5: Incorporate Human Factors/Psychology.
- 9.7: Evaluate Embedded Computers.
Now that you have an idea of the task ahead, click on Step 1 to get started.