Answer the following questions:
- Companies across the United States should be committed to promoting safety practices throughout the workplace in addition to effectively providing training to all fleet drivers to ensure professional driving and safety procedures. Research and suggest communication methods and training that companies can utilize to disseminate information to employees in reinforcing a commitment to safety throughout an organization. Your response should be at least 200 words in length.
- Utilizing waterways is an innovative way to transport goods in a timely manner, not only for local products but also international goods. Identify three factors that contribute to marine-related transportation issues, and discuss possible solutions to these issues that companies can utilize to proactively support safety. Your response should be at least 200 words in length.
- Hours of Service Regulations are an important part of proactive fleet safety management. Describe how these regulations are important to fleet safety and how they help prevent possible accidents while on the job. Your response should be at least 75 words in length.
- Determine the number one cause of workplace fatalities, and describe which safety procedures can help prevent these types of incidents in the future. Your response should be at least 75 words in length.
- Identify and explain three instances of when the Department of Transportation (DOT) preempts Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) regulations regarding transportation regulations. Your response should be at least 75 words in length.