Using research of the current literature on the utility of the Esinhower Matrix and its relevance to quality management and productivity in the health care setting, prepare a 5â€“8-page prospectus response complying with the formatting and content instructions below.
- Minimum of 5 pages and maximum of 8 pages, double spaced, not including title page, abstract, and reference page
- Current APA format
- Minimum of 10 scholarly journal references; each reference must be less than 10 years old
- Reference page in current APA format, including active, permanent/stable URL links (for online resources)
- Double space between references and single space within the reference
- A title page that includes:
- Course number and name
- Case name
- Student name
- Date submitted
- Respectfully submitted to: (instructorâ€™s name)
- Your purpose statement and problem statement should be specific enough that the reader can glean both the independent and dependent variables. Itâ€™s generally a good idea to map this out in a conceptual framework. For example:
How does the implementation of software process improvement (SPI) initiatives affect project success?
In this statement, SPI is the independent variable (IV) and project success is the dependent variable (DV). This simplicity is important because it shapes your research questions, hypotheses and data collection for the study. If the problem/purpose statement is muddled or overly complicated, then it may be difficult for the reader to follow the methodology and understand the results in a clear manner.
- If you are looking at hypothesis testing, then there needs to be a null and an alternative hypothesis. The null and alternative should consider the population and sample size as well as the alpha value for the study. This will drive your â€œp-valueâ€ regarding the rejection of the null or the rejection of the alternative hypothesis
- Always consider how you will be collecting the data. Begin with the end in mind here. If you design a problem statement but canâ€™t show a feasible path to collect the data in the business environment the study wonâ€™t accomplish its goal(s).
- Spend some time on your conceptual frameworkâ€”it will help you work â€œupstreamâ€ and â€œdownstreamâ€ in the study