To prepare for this Discussion, Read the article â€œManaging alliances with the balanced scorecardâ€, and critically analyze the article.
Prepare the following:
- Provide a brief summary and critical evaluation of the article you have been assigned.
- Provide an analysis of how the information contained in the article relates to strategic alliance or value opportunities for your current or former organization, using specific examples.
For this Assignment, review Case 14-1, â€œGlobal Oilâ€ in Chapter 14 of your course text and reflect on the information presented. Consider how the balanced scorecard should be implemented, including how it the results of this implementation might contribute to organizational decision making.
- Provide a critical analysis of M&Râ€™s implementation of the balanced scorecard, including an identification of the strengths and weaknesses of the program.
- Prepare a response to the following: Was the adoption of the balanced scorecard at M&R responsible for turning around the organizationâ€™s financial performance? Explain why or why not.
Kaplan, R. S., Norton, D. P., & Rugelsjoen, B. (2010, January). Managing alliances with the balanced scorecard. Harvard Business Review, 88(1/2), 114â€“121
Zimmerman, J. L. (2017). Accounting for decision making and control (9th ed.). New York, NY: McGraw-Hill.
- Chapter 14, â€œManagement Accounting in a Changing Environmentâ€ (pp. 609-633)
- Case 14-1, â€œGlobal Oilâ€ (pp. 649-654)