https://customnursinghelp.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/155981288087276411-1-300x56.png 0 0 admin https://customnursinghelp.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/155981288087276411-1-300x56.png admin2022-04-11 22:16:292022-04-11 22:17:07composition assignments week 3
Do you need a similar assignment done for you from scratch? We have qualified writers to help you. We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism. Order now for an Amazing Discount!
composition assignments week 3
Quotation Activity â€“ Gettysburg Address (from Connect â€“ Power of Process Activity)
It is important to be able to effectively incorporate your sources through direct quotation. For this activity, you will use Lincolnâ€™s Gettysburg Address to practice writing an essay while effectively incorporating quotations to help support your discussion.
For this activity you will write a persuasive essay and address the following points:
- What is a “proposition” in the sense that Lincoln uses it?
- What does it mean to “consecrate” a place?
- What is “hallow” ground?
- The Gettysburg Address is short, but very famous. Why do you think Lincoln kept it so short?
- He was the President, he could have spoken longer, and most speakers that day in fact spoke much longer speeches. He wasn’t pressed for time. He had time to prepare. A long speech was expected of him.
- So, why did Lincoln do what he did? (Hint: Where was he speaking and why? How did his “rhetorical situation” influence him?)
- Do you see any correlations between Douglasâ€™ work to this work? If so, how do you see this occurring in the text? Be sure to quote from Douglas if you see a correlation.
- Your written paper should be 2-3 pages in length not counting the required title and reference pages.
- You must accurately insert a quote in your analysis to provide in-text evidence from the address, and you must comment on the quote to demonstrate you are thinking in a critical manner.
- Your paper must be formatted according to APA Requirements.